The benefits of the chillers are significant. For example, they lower a building’s cooling costs with 30 to 60 percent, by eliminating most of the electrical demand (kW) associated with providing cooling. In addition, they offer optional “waste” heat that is available whenever the chiller is running. This high-quality heat source (up to 230°F hot water) literally comes for free.
The only natural-gas engine driven chiller on the market – Gas Chiller System’s benefits are significant.
- Lowest Operating Costs – Gas Chiller Systems can cut a building’s cooling costs in half, by switching to affordable natural gas our chillers eliminate most of the electrical load associated with providing cooling.
- Demand Savings – Gas Chiller Systems reduce a building’s on-peak electrical demand (kW) and energy (kWh) charges, especially in the summertime when electricity rates are at their highest, but when natural gas is “off-peak” and quite affordable.
- Free Waste Heat – Gas Chiller Systems also offer optional “waste” heat recovery that is always available anytime the chiller is running. This high-quality heat source (up to 230oF hot water) literally comes for free and can be captured and put to good use. The optional repurposing of available engine waste heat is what turns a Gas Chiller System into an elegant “mechanical” cogeneration system.
- More than Twice the Efficiency of Chiller Alternatives – Gas Chiller Systems provide the most efficient alternative to conventional electric chillers by far, with efficiencies (COP’s) often double those of absorption chillers, even without taking into account free heat recovery. This means Gas Chiller System operating costs and greenhouse gas emissions are cut in half as well.
- Avoid Electrical Service Upgrades – Gas Chiller Systems can help a power-hungry building maintain or add necessary cooling capacity, without gobbling up limited electrical capacity, or requiring expensive upgrades to a building’s electrical service.
- Reduce Demand on Backup Power Systems – Because Gas Chiller Systems run on reliable natural gas and draw only minimal electrical load to operate the equipment controls, they can be operated in a blackout with minimal demand on backup power systems. This frees crucial backup power for other mission critical operations while maintaining sensitive climate controlled areas.
- Hybrid Plant Flexibility – Sometimes Gas Chiller Systems are applied in ‘hybrid’ chiller plants that utilize both gas and electric chillers in order to lower a building’s cooling costs. Hybrid plants give building owners the greatest flexibility and diversity – allowing a building owner to optimize their plant by utilizing whichever type of chiller offers the lowest cost by time of day and season.
- Modular and Compact Design Eases Installation – Since no oversized pumps or cooling towers are required and thanks to Gas Chiller System’s compact footprint, Gas Chiller Systems can fit into the same tight mechanical room spaces that electric chillers do – easing installation in new and old buildings alike.
Reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions normally associated with electricity and hot water production
Reduction in utility-related operating costs